Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Knitted items

I have been knitting a lot over the past year and especially since I knew there was a new little one on the way (hehehehe). I have actually been taking some knitting classes at the yarn shop in Lawrence this summer with some girl friends and have learned tons and have had a lot of fun.

Here are a couple of items that I have completed:

The 1st one is the sweater I plan to have baby Kelven wear when he comes home from the hospital and have some of his 1st pictures taken in. I originally wanted the color to be a bit bolder/brighter as I'm not a big pastel person but after working with the yarn the color grew on me and I'm very pleased with the outcome.




I'm also planning to make Rowen a matching sweater but with a bright and playful toddler color...here is a picture of the yarn I chose. I am planning to have pictures of the boys taken in them together...I'd better get busy!




The 2nd finished project here is a Christmas stocking that I made for Kelven (yes, I'm getting ready already!). With this project I learned how to use multiple colors in a project...called Faire Isle knitting. Again, I'm very pleased on how this has turned out. I haven't finished putting his name on it yet as we are still debating the spelling...I've left that decision to Brian since he came up with the 1st name and I'd like to give him the privilege!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! They look really great!

Cathy said...

You did a terrific job on the sweater and the stocking. I want a sweater too. :)

Kimberlee said...

Your knitting is amazing! I can't wait to see Rowan's sweater.