OK. I'm sitting here on my birthday, checking my emails and blogs all the while I am having Braxton Hicks contractions that aren't very comfy. I've been telling myself for days now that I don't want to be in labor on my birthday...I just hope I haven't jinxed myself!
But yet, I so badly want my little bundle of joy to arrive! I'm tired of not being able to sleep comfortably, tossing and turning, and always having to go to the bathroom! I know that life with the baby will not be completely normal and will not bring a full night sleep for a long time. But jeez, at least I will be able to sleep on my back and hopefully I will not have such achy hips and back.
I finally have all his baby clothes put away in drawers. I have his hospital bag packed, and mine mostly ready. I still need to pack a bag for Rowen to take to Aunt Cathy's when the time comes. I know that Brian still needs to pack his bag too.
We still need to get the car seat installed in the van. This will entail moving Rowen's seat over so that Kelvin's seat is behind the driver. We will also need to put the back bench seat back in the van...not sure how we are going to accomplish this since I don't think I will be able to help lift it (but maybe it will bring on labor :) ).
I have been drinking my Red Raspberry Leaf Tea religiously everyday (I'm so glad it has a pleasant taste!) to help tone my uterus and hopefully make labor shorter. I didn't do this last time so we will see if it makes any difference.
You know, I really was hoping to have this sweet baby on the 21st to honor my dear sister but I am so ready now and I would not be opposed to him coming earlier :). My blood pressure has been a little high the last few weeks and my doctor may have a little to say about when he comes if it stays high. I took my BP at Walmart on Saturday, and it was 142/90 and that is high for me...I've been running pretty normal the entire pregnancy, at 120/80. Thursday at my appointment it was up to 130/100 and after resting on my left side it only went down a little bit to about 120/90. They drew blood work to check for signs of pre-eclampsia but that all came back normal so that is at least some good news. So for now, I am just watching for signs of high BP and making sure I get plenty of rest (hard to do with a toddler and chores that need to be done). We will see how things are at my appointment on Thursday.
Well...I will end this post for now so I can at least get some of my Monday chores done....blah!
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
2 days ago

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Dorothy! I hope that your little one comes soon! Good luck and let me know if you need help with anything!
Thanks Brooke!
No worries mate! Sorry it's culture day at school and my brain has been coming up with all kinds of jewels!
Hang in there it won't be long now. Take care!
And Happy Birthday!
Hey Dorothy, me here in AZ :) So your baby is due anytime now - so exciting, another sweet little boy, fun stuff! Can't wait to hear all about his arrival.......hopefully not today, but again hopefully not on the 21st, sleep is a good thing!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Kristin
Post a Comment