Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm old!

Well...my eye sight has changed on me a bit since I turned 40/had Kelvin in October. My near vision is really blurry and it has been bothering me. So, I made an appointment with the eye Dr and had that appt. today (4/28). Come to find out it is common for this to happen once one turns 40 (the eye muscles start to get weak). My far sight is perfect!!

My options: to get "cheaters" as the doc calls them, the reader glasses you can get at the store (the granny glasses style...the 1/2 glasses that sit on your nose) or get bifocal glasses to wear all the time.

For the time being, I am going to try the "cheaters" and see how I do with those, and if those don't work for me (the switching back and forth) then I will see about the 2nd option.

I'll post pictures of my self in my "granny glasses" or "cheaters" once I pick up a pair.

My eyes have been dilated all day due to my exam so I haven't made it out to the store yet :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

You work those granny glasses girl!! :) I've had glasses forever, so you're in good company!

Kristine said...

You'll have to get those glasses quick so you can see what you are knitting. Watch out for Kelvin when he starts grabbing them off your face!!